What is the difference between wall & floor tiles?
As such no tile is manufactured specifically for wall & floor but there are set standards like durability, strength & water absorption which determines how many foot steps a tile can hold apart from that type of application done on glazed surface also determines it's functionality, ties with heavy punch and mostly rectangular tiles are universally accepted for wall where as matt & gloss tiles with vitrfied body and PEI more than 3 are accepted for floor tiles. To know more about PEI or group please refer as follows The tiles are a few different scales and classifications of tile strength, but the Porcelain Enamel Institute (PEI) rating is probably the most commonly used. It rates tiles on a scale from zero to five, and each rating has criteria for their suggested use based on the wear and tear they can handle. Let’s take a look at it in a bit more detail:
- PEI 0: Only wall tiles.
- PEI 1: Mainly wall tile and floor with very low foot traffic
- PEI 2: Floor but should be avoided with heavey items or heavey booth ideal for kitchen, Varanda
- PEI 3: Well suited for livingroom, bedroom and practically anywhere inside home
- PEI 4: Can withstand heavy foor traffic but still limited in application and styles
- PEI 5: Practically withstand all traffic, be it indoor or outdoor like shopping mall, restraunt etc
What are different types of grout?
Grout plays important part in placing your favourite tiles. Grout has it's functionality defined according to usage and economy. It also helps adding to overall ambience. Basically Grout are to types Cementitious Powder mix or Cement based grout and Epoxy resin based grout. Both are available in various colors and shades. Epoxy grout is extremely durable and almost completely stainproof. Regular cement based grout isn't waterproof, so unlike epoxy grout, it can absorb water when it's wet and stain easily.
What tile should I use for outdoor?
Vitrified tiles are ideal for outdoor application, but you have to make sure either they are Unglazed polish tiles which are also known as Heavy duty vitrified tiles (*Somany offers this range with name of Durastone, and are available in plethora of designs, patterns and colors) or colorbody stone finish tiles (Somany tesoro range offers many options in 600X600mm & 600X1200mm sizes), Vitrified Matt finish tiles including Somany Zest series are also ideal choice for outdoor application
What are the different textures available?
Somany provides all available textures available in Indian and International markets, some of the textures are mentioned below.
- Stone: Natural Stone texture with matte, Rustic finishes, In Somany we use HDR technology for authentic real & feel
- Marble: Marble textures are achieved combining HD printing and connecting finishes like silky lapato to Full polished to intense matte finish
- Lucido: Lucido texture is state of art hi gloss finsih which is exclusively available with Somany.
- Wood: Wooden textures needs very close details like natural undulationes & knots combining with finish
- Cement: Cement look is achieved through various operations and experiments like combining granite look with finish to emulating just the currect amount cracks and undulations.
Apart from that Somany also provide world calss finishes starting from basic Full Polished, Matte & Rustic to state of the art lapato, dazzle & lucido finishes